Frequently Asked Questions
[ + Click questions to expand ]
The Single Tipi is approximately 10x10m with the sides down and 13x13m with the sides up and can hold approximately 80 people. They are approximately 8m high. The Tipis link together to cater for larger groups and to fit dance floors, lounge areas and a bar under them.
The Tipis are ideally set up on a flat, well-manicured, grassed area. If you have any other type of area in mind (such as on sand) this will need to be discussed at the time of booking. A clear area of about 15x15m is required for the Single Tipi. We also need truck access to the site. The site will also need to be free from underground services such as electrical cables and water pipes. Keep in mind the site should be well-drained and free from flooding in case there is rain at the time of your event. A back-up site is often a good option.
Yes, our Tipis are waterproof. The fabric is made especially for these Tipis over in Sweden and have been tried and tested over the last 30 years. They are very strong and can handle wind gusts and storms etc. However, if the grounds are prone to flooding then the rain may come in underneath the Tipis. Give some thought to this when picking the land for the Tipi to be erected on.
Yes, we offer fire pits with fire wood and with the sides down the Tipis provide a sheltered and cosy event space.
The Tipis are generally set up one or two days before an event and packed down one or two days after. This may vary with other events booked around the same time. We are also happy to work in with you and your venue regarding set up and pack ups. Just be aware that a day is needed for each. (Prices quoted are for the event and not per day. Any hire longer than 2 days will be charged accordingly.)
Our depot is in Ormeau on the Northern end of the Gold Coast, so we easily service anywhere from the Sunshine Coast down to Northern NSW and out to Toowoomba. However, we are willing to travel anywhere. Delivery is charged at a flat $3 per kilometre one way charge.
We also have a range of furnishings such as tables, chairs, bench seats, a bar, dance floors, vintage rugs, an arbour, easels, ottomans, throw rugs, lounges, bridal party chair set, wine barrels, lighting and more.
There needs to be a responsible person with the Tipi for the duration of the hire period. This is often not required on a private property. On public or open land, security will need to be hired to watch over the Tipis and any other hired items.
Tipis are truly unique as they offer a versatile, magical, and unexpected focal point of any event. They can be erected in various configurations and shapes to allow for numerous floor plans and accommodate large groups and various items out of the sun or rain. With options to have the sides up, down, or half of each they truly allow for all conditions. Another great feature of the Tipis is that they can also have a firepit inside them which is great as a focal point, for warmth or even just to cook some smores.
We offer Off-White Canvas Tipis (not tan) and a massive range of furnishings at more affordable rates to give people an affordable option. All our tables, bench seats, arbour, firepits and dance floors are made locally by The Railway Sleeper Co out of recycled railway sleepers so are very sturdy and have great rustic charm. We are a small locally owned and operated business, so we will be with you from initial contact right through to your event.
We do not provide power to the Tipis, however we do have a generator that you can hire. We have regular fairy lights and festoon lighting all requires power within 30 metres of the Tipi.
It is a natural woven matting that is nailed down to be made safe even for those in high heels.
Yes, we do recommend that you get event insurance from a reputable insurer. This type of insurance is to cover you for things such as third-party protection and cancellation. If you do not get event insurance and the event is cancelled due do extreme weather, there is no refund.
Fill out our booking form and we will do you up a quote. If you are happy with the quote, then we will send you an invoice and once you pay the 30% deposit your event is locked in. The remaining 70% balance is due one month prior to your event.
We allow a 7-day cooling off period after your deposit has been paid and terms have been signed. After this time then your deposit is non-refundable. Full payment is required one month prior to your event date. We do not accept cancellations within this final month.